The 2017 American Angel study, conducted by the Angel Capital Association (ACA), provided some very useful data points through their survey of 1,659 U.S. angels, the largest such study ever conducted. Their survey included 40 quantitative questions and four qualitative ones which provided these insights:
- Angel investors provide $25 billion to 70,000 companies annually, accounting for 90 percent of outside funding for startups.
- Angels are more diverse than venture capitalists, with women making up 22 percent of investors.
- The racial mix leans heavily towards white investors, who account for 87.6 percent of angels.
- The mean age of an angel making a first investment is 48.
- The median angel investment is $25,000.
- The initial investment is higher in regions outside of California, New York, Boston and San Francisco, where it is $32,432.
- 63% of angel investors are based outside those major cities.
Would you like to become one of our Angel Investors? Contact us today, Info@omegaaccelerator.com
Disclaimer: This does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation of an offer to buy, or a recommendation of any security or any other product or service. We are not offering any legal, investment, tax, or medical advice. Please consult the appropriate professional before doing anything you learn from the content posted on any of our digital properties. All stories are based on true events, but are altered to protect the identity of the individuals involved.