Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Why Don’t More People Make Angel Investments?

Just in case you have not heard the news, almost anyone can be an angel investor. See What Qualifications are Required to be an Angel Investor for further details. We also explored Why Angel Investors Fund Startups in another article.

What inspires people to become angel investors? I will examine some key reasons below.   


They are Looking for an Extraordinary Return on Investment (ROI)

According to Techcrunch.com, Angel Investors can expect to earn a gross multiple of 2.5X their investment in about four years. That is a 250% ROI. Investors that are comfortable with the risks of angel investing may be able to enjoy this type of return.

They Want to Become a Mentor

They relish in the idea of being a mentor to the younger generation of startups. If you have the income and you want to make this type of impact, maybe start making angel investments.

They are Business-Minded Entrepreneurs Who Want to Network

If you’ve made it far enough in your professional career to have the time and money to consider investing, then you are probably already pretty good at networking. angel investors take this to the next level. You can gain unique opportunities to network with people from a totally different perspective. When you are at a networking event, people will find you to pitch ideas.

They Care About Innovation

High-tech angels often care just as much about ROI as they do about introducing high-tech and innovative solutions into the world. These investors might even care more about the mission or impact of a company. If you want to make a difference in the world of medical tech, fintech, or any other industry that has the potential to make a huge impact, then you should consider making angel investments.

They are Looking for Something New

Angel investing is an easy way to give you access to the world of entrepreneurship. This often includes access to new ideas, events, and opportunities. Boredom was one of the reasons I quit my job as a CFO to become a full-time entrepreneur. I have not been bored a day since that decision!


But only 8% of the people that can make angel investments actually do it according to angelcapitalassociation.org. Why?


We have identified several challenges associated with angel investing, including:

-How do I select angel investments to evaluate?
-How can I screen angel investments that interest me?
-How do I monitor my angel investments?
-How can I help my angel investments succeed?
-How do I value an angel investment?
-When will we receive returns on this investment?
-When can I do if the founders you funded wants to quit?
-When can I do if the business fails?

We will address these concerns in future posts. Ultimately you will need to decide whether the benefits of being an angel investor outweigh the risks.


Are you interested in investing in startups today, but are struggling with some of the concerns listed above?  Learn how we can help, email info@OmegaAccelerator.com.



Are you looking for angel investors or accredited investors for your business? Contact us today, funding@omegaaccelerator.com 



Sources:
https://rencarlton.blogspot.com/2019/12/why-dont-more-people-make-angel.html
https://rencarlton.blogspot.com/2019/09/what-qualifications-are-required-to-be.html
https://rencarlton.blogspot.com/2019/09/why-angel-investors-fund-startups18.html
www.angelcapitalassociation.org
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rencarlton 
https://rencarlton.blogspot.com
https://twitter.com/RenCarlton
https://www.facebook.com/TheOmegaAccelerator/
https://www.instagram.com/omega.funding/
https://rencarlton.blogspot.com/2019/09/funding-session-with-ren-carlton.html


Disclaimer:  This does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation of an offer to buy, or a recommendation of any security or any other product or service.  We are not offering any legal, investment, tax, or medical advice.  Please consult the appropriate professional before doing anything you learn from the content posted on any of our digital properties.  All stories are based on true events, but are altered to protect the identity of the individuals involved.

2 comments:

  1. How Lemeridian funding service  grant me a loan!!!

    Hello everyone, I'm Lea Paige Matteo from Zurich Switzerland and want to use this medium to express gratitude to lemeridian funding service for fulfilling his promise by granting me a loan, I was stuck in a financial situation and needed to refinance and pay my bills as well as start up a Business. I tried seeking for loans from various loan firms both private and corporate organisations but never succeeded and most banks declined my credit request. But as God would have it, I was introduced by a friend named Lisa Rice to Le_meridian funding service and undergone the due process of obtaining a loan from the company, to my greatest surprise within 48hrs just like my friend Lisa, I was also granted a loan of $216,000.00 So my advise to everyone who desires a loan, "if you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan online with low interest rate of 1.9% and better repayment plans/schedule, please contact Le_meridian funding service. Besides, he doesn't know that am doing this but due to the joy in me, I'm so happy and wish to let people know more about this great company whom truly give out loans, it is my prayer that GOD should bless them more as they put smiles on peoples faces. You can contact them via email on {lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com Or lfdsloans@outlook.com} or Text through Whatsapp +1-989 394 3740.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I now own a business of my own with the help of Elegantloanfirm with a loan of $900,000.00 USD. at 2% rate charges, at first i taught with was all a joke until my loan request was  process under five working days and my requested funds was transfer to me. am now a proud owner of a large business with 15 staffs working under me. All thanks to the loan officer Russ Harry he is a God sent, you can contact them to improve your business on.. email-- Elegantloanfirm@hotmail.com.

    ReplyDelete